Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Restaurant Signs

Driving home today I was looking at the different type of restaurant signs that are out there.  The closer I looked I saw a lot of restaurants that I hadn't paid attention to before.  The places that had simple signs in one or two colors and said something like "Jim's Cafe" or "Grandma's Kitchen" were places that I tend to overlook.  They also seemed to have no decorations in the windows, and all you see is closed mini-blinds.  Who knows what lurks behind the curtains...great food and good prices, or dark and dirty booths with nothing worth eating?  The signs and restaurant fronts offer no clues.

The places with clever names, colorful signs, and decorations in the window at least tell me that their is life inside.  Even better if the blinds are open and I can see that there are actual customers inside.  I also like when local restaurants have signs that highlight their specials, or give a clue about what type of food is to be found inside.

No comments: