Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Are you a regular?

Are you the type that has a few favorite dining spots that you go to over and over.  Where you don't even look at the menu because you know what you'll order before you walk in the door?  Where you recognize the servers, and they probably know you and may even know what you drink?   Where you feel comfortable, and it's just part of your routine?

Or are you the type to look for new places to dine?  Do you drive by and see a sign for Mexican food and decide to pop in and and test out their burritos? Do you see an add in a newspaper or a flyer, or get a coupon in the mail and decide to try your luck on the unknown?  

I used to be the kind to eat at a few favorite places.  There is just something nice about looking forward to a favorite dish at "your" restaurant.  But now that I'm doing these reviews I have been trying to go someplace new every time we eat out.  It's a big change for me, but I'm really enjoying it.  We've found so many places with great food and friendly people, places that we had driven by many times and never thought about eating there.  I also feel like I'm getting to know my city just a little bit better, too.  The only downside has been that after I have a really good meal, and think "man, I want to come back and order the ______" I haven't been able to yet.  

So if you are the regular type, I'd like to encourage you to pick one new place to try this week (or this month) and see if you can't find another good place to dine.

1 comment:

Cara said...

We're regulars, the lady at the Pizza Hut buffet knows what we drink and how many we'll have in our party on a Sunday afternoon as soon as we walk in. :) But in a tiny town, I guess that's what you get.