Thursday, September 25, 2008

Restaurants with TV's

Since I've been doing these restaurant reviews I've been paying a lot more attention to what a place looks like inside, and I'm surprised at the amount of restaurants with tv's in them.  I'm sure I've been watching tv in restaurants for years, without really noticing it.  But isn't the point of going out to eat getting away from the tv, the feeling of home, and being in a new environment while enjoying the company of others?  I mean, I can sit on my couch and watch tv while I eat, or I can call friends or go out with my husband and have conversations.  
Now, I understand if you are dining alone then it is convenient to grab a seat near a tv because you don't have anyone to talk with.  If you are at a sports bar, then I understand that you might want to watch the game.  But does there really need to be 10 tv's in every restaurant, continuously playing?  What do you think?

No comments: