Friday, September 26, 2008

How Do You Order?

I used to try and order food at restaurants that I could never make at home.  It was like a special treat to get something out of the ordinary.  Lately, however, as my skills in the kitchen are expanding (thanks in part to the amount of Food Network we watch at our house) I find myself picking options that are dishes I can recreate at home.  

Yesterday I was out to lunch with my parents and I got this flatbread.

As I was eating it, I thought about each ingredient, and how I might recreate it at home.  It had chicken, garlic cream sauce, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, and provolone cheese on crisp flatbread.   I think I might try a version of this with the garlic sauce, tomatoes, basil, mushrooms, and artichoke, covered with mozzarella cheese.  

So how do you order?  What dishes have you ordered and attempted to recreate at home?

No comments: